People Management | Individual Contributors
Flawless Consulting 2:
Getting Expertise Used
Discovery & Feedback
This programme is pending WSQ certification
Join our upcoming public workshops:
Accelerated Flawless Consulting
1, 2 & 3 Aug 2022, 9.00 am-5.00 pm, Face-to-Face
2, 3 & 4 Nov 2022, 9.00 am-5.00 pm, Face-to-Face
Participants will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion
In today's digtialised world, the ability to make connections and add value through the strength of our partnership with our clients, leaders and stakeholders remains as a skill that cannot be replaced by logarithm and automation. Influence = expertise * relationship. What is the quality of collaboration in the groups you operate in?
A program that has stood the test of time for 40 years, attended by more than 1 million people globally, Flawless Consulting helps people gain influence without authority. Whether you're in IT, HR, Quality, Finance or Marketing, if you need to build partnerships, get your recommendations accepted and address thorny issues in how you work together, Flawless will equip you with a process and tools to be a trusted advisor. It is also a philosophy and a set of values to support you to show up with authenticity and compassion to do your best work.
Why is this critical?
The unique value we add is helping our leaders, clients or stakeholders gain insight on how they are contributing to the challenge they are facing.
With that, they see new possibilities and shift their behaviours to create the positive impact and create the future they want.
Flawless Consulting 2
Peter Block’s bestselling book Flawless Consulting is often called ‘The Consultant’s Bible’.
This course focuses on:
Discovery phase to uncover the social system and underlying issues
Using Interviews to understand the system and build relationships
Dealing with resistance directly and compassionately
Organising data to surface insights for change
Constructing descriptive, non-evaluative feedback for clients, leaders and stakeholders
Navigating the recommendation meeting to co-create and elicit commitment to act
You will learn:
You will learn how to:
• Utilize skills learned in either life or Flawless Consulting 1 to prepare and conduct an effective contracting meeting
• Practice data collection around a business issue through discovery interviews
• Diagnose the socio-political system that gets in the way
• Deal with resistance in contracting, data collection, and feedback phases of consulting
• Conduct a successful feedback meeting
• Gain skills in turning recommendations into a decision to act
• Increase the likelihood that your clients will be committed to take action
Both virtual and face-to-face formats available
We help you cultivate the skills of Flawless Consulting through our Integrated Learning Journey, which includes online prework, in-person or virtual workshops, and post-workshop skills coaching and online practice. The learning is highly experiential, with more practice than teaching. It is organized around a simulation with time for reflection for each participant to customize the concepts and learn from peers. The Discovery part offers questions that we are not used to asking. The Feedback elements give a structure for dialogue that begins acting on recommendations right in the meeting itself. This unique approach creates sustainable behavior change.
Both virtual and face-to-face formats available.
- 2-day (16 hours) instructor led classroom learning for skills enablement
- 3 sessions * 4 hours of instructor led virtual learning for skills enablement
- Microlearning module (1.5 to 3 hours)
- Flexible delivery options to accommodate different needs, geographies and languages