Do you know:
- Every profession is undergoing disruption?
- Repetitive work will be automated?
- Specialized skills can be outsourced?
So what is your competitive advantage as a functional expert?
- How well you understand the business determines how much value you can add to the business
- How trusted you are by your stakeholders determines how much influence you have
- How skilled you are in getting an agreement, diagnosing the problem, co-creating the solution and getting a commitment from your business leaders determines how much value you can add
Consulting Skills is your Competitive Advantage
An Effective Trusted Consultant:
- Uses themselves as an instrument for positive change
- Possesses business acumen and asks the right questions to add value
- Sees the whole of the business, diagnoses problems and co-creates win-win solutions
- Navigates grey areas without absolute answers but power comes from acute observation and having real conversations
In this highly experiential workshop, participants will learn to:
- Develop their business acumen to provide strategic advice
- Build trusted partnership with their stakeholders to solve business problems
- Diagnose the problem to understand the big picture and leverage points clearly
- Co-create solutions with their clients so there is client ownership
- Negotiate mutual responsibility and commitment with their clients
- Use themselves effectively as a trusted change champion
- Managing the Relationship
- Building Trust and Setting Boundaries
- Whole Organization Perspective
- Business Acumen
- Analyzing Client Challenges
- Synthesizing Solutions
- Managing Tension
- Consultant Persona
- Reflective Observation
- Inquiry and Advocacy
- Asking Insightful Questions
- Giving Recommendations
- Giving Affirmation
- Any functional specialist who wants to be a trusted advisor, be more powerful and effective in using their expertise to influence their stakeholders.