Obtaining employee engagement and commitment requires a unique set of skills that managers often lack. This training course provides the knowledge and practical tools every manager needs to support them to drive impassioned performance in any economy.
Employee engagement affects everything. When employees are engaged:
- Discretionary effort fosters innovation.
- Employee loyalty provides momentum.
- People develop and grow.
- Goals are met and exceeded; performance drives market share.
- Effective manager and employee communications are measurable.
Workshop Objectives and Outcomes
The objective of the workshop is to equip managers with the mind-set, knowledge and skills to better engage and retain their employees.
- Managers learn the cause and costs of disengagement and accept their role in the solution.
- Provide managers with the words, strategies and actions, along with a proven process to follow.
- Managers practice new skills and develop preliminary engagement plans.
- Managers understand their capacity and opportunities in people engagement and retention.
- Build a focused, loyal and enthusiastic workforce using everyday conversations.
Who should attend?
This fast-paced, interactive experience is delivered in a flexible format to accommodate multiple learning preferences. Using self-assessment tools, action learning, and skill building exercises, managers learn key strategies to engage and build sustainable loyalty and commitment. The design follows seven key messages:
- Talent in the Spotlight: introduces key concepts and facts to support engagement.
- People Stay for More Than Pay: reviews personal motivators and engagement drivers, uncovers talent at risk.
- The Buck Stops Here: reinforces the influence of the manager.
- Am I a Talent Magnet: assesses strengths, opportunities and strategies for building an engaged team.
- Ask – So You Don’t Have to Guess: introduces planning, facilitates practice, and provides a template for effective conversations.
- Strategies That Work: examines 26 practical ways to improve engagement levels and inspire loyalty.
- From Ask to Action – Making It Happen: designs and prioritizes action-based engagement plans for individual direct reports.
This workshop uses adult learning methodology with an emphasis on applications. Prior to the workshop, participants will be asked to fill in a self-assessment tool (Talent Focused Manager), so that self-reflection on their engagement practices starts before the workshop. During the session, there will be mixture of content presentation, discussions, use of tools and video clip(s), and role plays. Participants complete the workshop with an action plan to apply these ideas and tools to engage and retain their staff.
Workshop materials for each participant include:
- Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em® book
- Participant workbook
- Self-Assessment Tools, such as “Invest in Your Values®”, “High-Risk Behaviors”, “Talent Focused Manager” (self-version)
- 3 copies of “Talent Focused Manager” (respondent version) for their staff to fill in and give feedback to the manager
- Action Planner
SGD $850 per participant.
Group registration fee: SGD $700 per participant (3 or more participants from the same organization).
This workshop fee includes all workshop materials.