Performance appraisal need not be demoralizing or stressful. Much of the unhappiness comes from a lack of understanding of what performance management is, how appraisal or review is carried out and how staff can take control of the performance management process.
The key in making performance appraisal meaningful is to adopt a holistic way of managing one’s performance. Having a growth and appreciative mindset towards performance and development issues will not only help staff grow, it will also build a productive working relationship with one’s reporting officer and create a synergistic win-win between the staff, manager and organization.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Link personal strengths to organizational competencies and goals;
- Make effective use of SMART goal setting process to clarify and calibrate expectations with supervisor;
- Ask crucial questions in heart-to-heart conversations with supervisor to develop the power of reflexivity;
- Make accurate assessment of personal performance and demonstration of competencies; and
- Give and receive feedback with a growth-mindset
- Performance management cycle and review process
- Using motivation and growth mindset in performance motivation.
- Use of organizational competencies and behavioural indicators in performance appraisal
- Identification of strengths and instances of positive demonstration of organizational competencies
- Applying SMART targets and Heart-to-Heart Conversations on possibilities and expectations.
- Appreciating Work Review Conversation – achievements of targets and demonstration of competencies.
- Application of appreciative questioning and conversation techniques to identify issues that matters
- Growth mindset in giving and receiving feedback
|Virtual workshop||Face-to-face workshop|
|2 sessions of 2.5 hours, each conducted on a conference platform.||1 day|
Both formats will be interactive and engaging with role plays, discussions and polls. A pre-workshop survey will be used to identify specific challenges faced by the participants and these challenges will be addressed in the workshop.
We will also align with and use the client organization’s performance review process.
This course is for individual contributors who want to take control of their own performance management, rather than feeling helpless or frustrated at their own situation.